Individual Education Plan (IEP) Accommodations
What is an Individual Education Plan (IEP)?
An IEP Accommodations is a unique written plan and working document that:
- defines an appropriate special education curriculum and/or services that a certain student needs, as determined by an evaluation of the student’s abilities and requirements
- identifies the adjustments that must be made for the student to meet the learning objectives
- outlines teaching and evaluation techniques for meeting modified and/or alternate expectations
How does an IEP work for us at Brightminds (IEP Accommodations)
- Our courses allow for self-paced learning where students are not pressured to complete the course within a certain period. Students are more than welcome to study at their own pace.
- For courses that require an exam, IEP students are permitted extra time and accommodations when writing their exam. This provides a second learning opportunity to absorb and understand the course material. Through this process, students will gain more knowledge on the subject and better prepare for future examinations and professional development.
- All courses include teacher support as well as help with assignments when needed. Students can always set up a meeting time with their teachers to get help on their work.