BSID #: 883674
This course has the following units of study:
BOH4M has a course cumulative project worth 10% and a final exam worth 20% of the final grade calculation.
Foundations of Management
• assess the role of management within an organization;
• demonstrate the use of appropriate communication techniques related to business management;
• evaluate the impact of issues related to ethics and social responsibility on the management of organizations.
• apply an understanding of human behaviour to explain how individuals and groups function in the workplace;
• demonstrate an understanding of group dynamics;
• demonstrate an understanding of proper leadership techniques in a variety of situations.
• demonstrate an understanding of the communication process within the workplace;
• evaluate the strategies used by individuals and organizations to manage stress and conflict;
• compare theories of how to motivate individuals and teams in a productive work environment.
Planning and Controlling
• analyse the importance of planning to the success of an organization;
• demonstrate an understanding of appropriate planning tools and techniques in a variety of situations;
• analyse the relationship between strategic planning and the success of an organization;
• analyse how companies respond to internal and external pressures for change;
• assess the importance of control in management.
• demonstrate an understanding of the various organizational structures used to manage the workforce effectively;
• assess the ways in which organizational structures have changed to adapt to the changing nature of work;
• evaluate the role of human resources within an organization.