BSID #: 883674
Unit 1: Analytic Geometry
Unit 2: Quadratics
Unit 3: Trigonometry
This course has the following units of study:
MPM2D has a final exam worth 30% of the final grade calculation.
Quadratic Relations of the Form y = ax2 + bx + c
• determine the basic properties of quadratic relations;
• relate transformations of the graph of y = x2 to the algebraic representation y=a(x-h)2 +k
• solve quadratic equations and interpret the solutions with respect to the corresponding
• solve problems involving quadratic relations.
• model and solve problems involving the intersection of two straight lines;
• solve problems using analytic geometry involving properties of lines and line segments;
• verify geometric properties of triangles and quadrilaterals, using analytic geometry.
• use their knowledge of ratio and proportion to investigate similar triangles and solve problems related to similarity;
• solve problems involving right triangles, using the primary trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean theorem;
• solve problems involving acute triangles, using the sine law and the cosine law.