BSID #: 883674
Unit 1: Fundamental Accounting
Unit 2: Advanced Accounting Practices
Unit 3: Internal Control, Financial Analysis, and Decision Making
Unit 4: Ethics, Technology, and Careers
Fundamental Accounting Practices
• describe the discipline of accounting and its importance for business;
• describe the differences among the various forms of business organization;
• demonstrate an understanding of the basic procedures and principles of the accounting cycle for a service business.
Advanced Accounting Practices
• demonstrate an understanding of the procedures and principles of the accounting cycle for a merchandising business;
• demonstrate an understanding of the accounting practices for sales tax;
• apply accounting practices in a computerized environment.
Internal Control, Financial Analysis, and Decision Making
• demonstrate an understanding of internal control procedures in the financial management of a business;
• evaluate the financial status of a business by analysing performance measures and financial statements;
• explain how accounting information is used in decision making.
Ethics, Impact of Technology, and Careers
• assess the role of ethics in, and the impact of current issues on, the practice of accounting;
• assess the impact of technology on the accounting functions in business;
• describe professional accounting designations and career opportunities.