BSID #: 883674
This course has the following units of study:
BBB4M has a course cumulative project worth 10% and a final exam worth 20% of the final grade calculation.
Business, Trade, and the Economy
• demonstrate an understanding of terminology, concepts, and basic business communication practices related to international business;
• analyse the impact of international business activity on Canada’s economy;
• demonstrate an understanding of how international business and economic activities increase the interdependence of nations.
The Global Environment for Business
• analyse ways in which Canadian businesses have been affected by globalization;
• demonstrate an understanding of the factors that influence a country’s ability to participate in international business;
• assess the effects of current trends in global business activity and economic conditions.
Factors Influencing Success in International Markets
• analyse the ways in which cultural factors influence international business methods and operations;
• assess the ways in which political, economic, and geographic factors influence international business methods and operations;
• identify and describe common mistakes made by businesses in international markets;
• evaluate the factors currently affecting the international competitiveness of Canadian businesses.
Marketing Challenges and Approaches, and Distribution
• assess the challenges facing a business that wants to market a product internationally;
• compare the approaches taken by various companies to market their products internationally;
• demonstrate an understanding of the logistics of, and challenges associated with, distribution to local, national, and international markets.
Working in International Markets
• analyse the ways in which ethical considerations affect international business decisions;
• assess the working environment in international markets;
• demonstrate an understanding of the process for crossing international borders as it relates to international business.