- E-Learning Instructor: Ms. Mallorie Cameron (OCT#613953)
- Grade: 12
- Type: University Preparation
- Prerequisite: Advanced Functions course (MHF4U) must be taken prior to or concurrently with Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U).
- Duration: 110 hours
- Language of Instruction: English
- Credit: 1.0
- Curriculum: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum/secondary/math1112currb.pdf
MCV4U: Calculus and Vectors, Grade 12 University Preparation
This course builds on students’ previous experience with functions and their developing understanding of rates of change. Students will solve problems involving geometric and algebraic representations of vectors and representations of lines and planes in three-dimensional space; broaden their understanding of rates of change to include the derivatives of polynomial, sinusoidal, exponential, rational, and radical functions; and apply these concepts and skills to the modeling of real-world relationships. Students will also refine their use of the mathematical processes necessary for success in senior mathematics. This course is intended for students who choose to pursue careers in fields such as science, engineering, economics, and some areas of business, including those students who will be required to take a university-level calculus, linear algebra, or physics course.