“Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.”
Who We Are
BrightMinds Online School is a relatively small, multicultural, and eco-friendly institute offering an alternative way of completing high school courses. Our goal is to support students and families whose educational needs might not be readily met through the mainstream education channels.
At BrightMinds, we believe that through extensive use of educational software, we can offer students a more accessible, flexible, and green alternative to education. Our program gives students the freedom to learn at their own pace, to study in accordance with their schedule, availability, and ability and to earn their credit from a location and time zone of choice.
Students Who Can Benefit from Our Program
• An athlete student with intense training schedule may benefit from taking an online course that is accessible 24/7;
• An ESL student who requires additional time to understand and process the course content may benefit from the self-paced approach of an online course;
• A family who travels frequently and wishes for their children to continue with the Ontario Secondary studies may benefit from accessing the online course content from any location and any time zone;
• A student from a rural community who is interested in a niche course such as Fashion (HNB4M) that is not offered in his/her homeschool may now pursue his/her dream through online studies;
• A Grade 8 student who has the ability to “Reach Ahead” may now do so online;
• A student whose physical or mental ability hinders regular school attendance may benefit from studying from a more comfortable study environment.
In designing our courses, we have paid close attention to:
• Meeting the Ontario Secondary Curriculum expectations as well the policies and expectations of Growing Success
• Supporting different learning styles and preferences
• Helping students become a more independent learner
• Helping students become more computer literate
• Helping students develop life skills such as time management and communication
• Connecting course content to real-life applications.